New feature: Timeout for breaks but not allowed to cancel (similar to deep focus)

I love the timeout feature but sometimes when I am forced to wait too long I get impatient and I just cancel the session. It would be cool if there was an option that would not allow you to cancel timeout sessions while they are taking place, and you can simply take breaks when the timer goes off.

4 Likes

I only made an account to ask for this feature! I think it would be very helpful. I do the exact same thing.

3 Likes

A new focus mode that is in between deep focus and timeout would be nice. for some especially long sessions, I don’t want to be able to leave early, but rather take snoozes when I need a break. I cannot take breaks in deep focus, but timeout mode allows to leave early.

1 Like

Hey @here,

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ve passed this along to our engineers to consider as we continue to improve Opal. Stay tuned!

All the best,
Sarah @ Opal

1 Like

Hello everyone!

I wanted to suggest a feature where you had limited emergency interruptions during deep focus sessions.

Im currently in a 14 hour deep focus session with uninstall protection and I’ve had something come up that needs my immediate attention. One of the apps (not Opal or anything related) that I installed yesterday keeps triggering alerts on my WiFi connection causing me to get dozens of alerts per minute and I cannot delete the app currently because of the session :frowning:

Hey there,

Thanks for the suggestion! To clarify, we do have an option to Cancel a Running Deep Focus session that we would recommend you use when an emergency arises like this. To cancel your existing session, please take the following steps:

1. Open the Opal app and tap on “Profile.”
  2. Select the Settings :gear: icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down and select “FAQs.”
  4. Scroll down and select “Advanced Features.”
  5. Select “Change running Deep Focus session.”
  6. Tap “here” to cancel your running session.

Otherwise, I’ve added this suggestion to an existing Community thread which would give you a break on a Deep Focus session. Stay tuned!

I hope that helps,
Sarah @ Opal