Can not remove / delete any apps (Fixed)

I am a beta tests / QA person for app development. Today i needed to remove the app i was testing from the phone. There was no way for me to do it. The remove app option was not there. I called apple support, spent 20 minutes with them, In the end, i needed to switch off Opal in screen time settings screen, then the delete app option turned back on.

To be clear, i was not having problems with opal or wanting to delete it… the app caused my entire phone to “malfunction”, and prevented me from deleting any app with no feedback on why. Opal was the last thing i would have imagined. You need to either fix this, or warn people. Please let me know what you intend to do about it.

1 Like

Hello!

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. The primary intention behind implementing the feature was to prevent users from uninstalling Opal while they are in a session, thereby circumventing the session itself.

Taking into account your feedback, as well as input from others, we have incorporated a solution in our latest update. To avail yourself of this improvement, kindly ensure that you have updated Opal to the most recent version. Then, navigate to the settings section from the profile screen and toggle off the “App Uninstall Protection” switch.

1 Like

Just to add to this, here is a guide: Opal FAQ | What is App Uninstall Protection