7 days into a full year seems extreme

Hi, I missed canceling my subscription by one day and am now out over $100. This feels like a dark pattern and has left a bad taste in my mouth. I like the app but felt it’s too buggy to be worth $100/year. I was considering trying again later once more of the bugs are fixed but now I feel like I’ve been ripped off.

If you look at the critical reviews on the app store, you’ll find similar complaints. Please reconsider this approach: either make the trial at least 14 days or funnel it into a monthly subscription instead of forcing yearly. Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi JP! thanks for writing. What bugs are you referring to? I would love to know as much detail as possible so our team can address them. If you have submitted bug reports from the app, please let me know as well.

I came here to say the same thing. Immediately as soon as I hit the “paid” date, the app broke down and I can’t even access my profile details anymore because it freezes. And I’m out $100?! I have been trying to find a customer service and can’t, and that’s also quite suspicious when there is zero support. So the app is frozen and if I try to use it; it shut off all access at ALL times to my texts. NOT happy.

HI Kwat, I’m sorry about your experience. You can always access support in this way: Read how to contact Opal, report a bug or give feedback on Opal here.