App Limit Issued Fixed

We fixed App Limits on the latest app version v.3.25, where App Limits triggered prematurely or not triggering at all. V3. 25 is Live on the App Store

Before: App Limits were counted from the point you set them up (so if you set up an App Limit at 1pm, it would “count” from 1pm to 1pm. This was a mistake.

Now: App Limits are counted from midnight to midnight. For example, if you have a 15min App Limit for Instagram Monday to Friday, it will let you use Instagram from 15min each day (midnight to midnight) Monday to Friday. This makes a lot more sense and is aligned with iOS App Limits.

Thank you for your patience and reports, it is now fixed! please update your Opal app to v.3.34 or latest.

1 Like

Hi Kenneth, I’m still having issues. I have several app limits set up, but they aren’t being blocked after the cumulative time has been reached across the apps. I tried following the troubleshooting guidelines and tried restarting Opal and then restarting my phone, but neither worked. I think the troubleshooting instructions may be out of date, because I don’t see anything in settings for resetting the Opal/Screen Time connection; I don’t even see a troubleshooting menu.

My Opal app is updated, and I’m running iOS 16.6.1 on iPhone 14 Pro Max.

2 Likes

@here short version: please update the app today to v.3.38 to fix the app limit issue.

Longer version: Thank you for your patience and apologies are due here… We had introduced another separate issue in V3.35 that caused App Limits to not run correctly. After extensive testing we are confident that the latest version V3.38 will work as expected (after X min on apps, they will be blocked).

Going forward, we need get our ducks in a row.

In order to avoid this in the future, the engineering team is taking some time in the next week to build better debugging tools and a better abstraction to represent how Opal is blocking apps. We now have several blocking concepts, from sessions, limits (with various difficulty levels), breaks etc, and we need a clear way to visualise how Opal is blocking apps on a device. We want to make this visualisation accessible from a debug menu on people’s device to improve bug reporting and also self debugging for our more technical gems.

We will update this thread and the forum once done! Thank you again.

I’m also still having issues, app limits are just not working at all.

Same here, Kenneth. Updated, tried all other fixes and it’s still letting me run over my screen time. It’s like the limit is not even there.

Thank you for sending this. We saw your bug report - we will investigate ASAP.

For everyone else, please keep sending us bug reports through the app if you notice an issue with App Limits or blocking generally.