Attention Aware Feature

I frequently play an app (ie Youtube) in the background whether to work out, garden, mow grass, multitask, etc. It would be so awesome to have a feature to utilize Apple’s Attention Aware Feature and not count toward the app limit. At least to be able to differentiate between to two ways of tracking.

I still sit on the couch too much and stare at my phone (which is my ultimate goal of reducing this wasting of my time being consumed by YouTube, Facebook, and instagram watching way too many reels, shorts, videos, etc.). But I don’t mind when I’m busy doing other stuff taking care of business and have these playing in the background for music, podcast, etc.

Can you please add that option?

Thanks,
JT
Jt_tran@hotmail.com

Got a feature you’d love to see in Opal? Suggest it here, and let the community vote on it!

Here’s how you can do this:

• View the most frequently requested ideas here
  • Vote on existing ideas by clicking on Vote to the left of the topic title, or reply to them for comments!
  • Suggest new ones by clicking “+ New Topic” (make sure you select Feature Request as category).

If you’re not sure if your idea is already listed, you can start to search for it with the magnifying glass icon in the top right: Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 2.52.03 PM

Thanks for this request. Did you know you can set an app as “neutral” and it won’t count towards your screen time? Opal FAQ | How can I edit my Focus Score?

Is there a way to only count screen time if your eyes / attention are focused on your phone?