Beta testers required - brand new Opal blocking

Hey, I’m Matt, Engineering Lead at Opal.

For the past few months we’ve been working on improving how Opal blocks apps on your phone. This has meant a complete rewrite of the layer that controls this inside Opal.

We’re recruiting 10-20 people to help us test this layer over the next week or 2. There are a few criteria you’ll need to meet:

• You need to already be using Opal daily to help you focus
  • You need to be able to provide us feedback about your experience frequently
  • You should be prepared for some issues, you may need to recreate your schedules and/or app limits

Reply here if you’d be interested in testing and we’ll be in touch in the next 24 hours.

Matt

7 Likes

I am interested in testing

Hi

I’d be interested and I used to be a software dev and UI/UX tester.

Cheers
Gareth

Hi there. I’m new to Opal, but I’ve been using Jomo for the past year. So I’m very familiar with the setup and how this works. I switched to Opal, because the design and experience is more on brand with how I’d like an app to function. I enjoy the timeout feature for instance progressively extending the delay between each break. As a product designer and tech enthusiast, I’d be happy to beta test new features and provide feedback in return. Let me know what to do from here.

Best
Caglar

Count me in! I’d love to be apart of beta testing as Opal has really turned my life around.

I just now saw this please count me in Opal is like my love brand

I’m interested, please and thanks!

Hi Matt! I’m thrilled to hear about the improvements to Opal’s app-blocking feature. As a daily user, I’ve found it incredibly helpful in minimizing distractions. I’m very interested in participating in the testing phase. I’m prepared for any potential issues and can provide frequent feedback on my experience. Looking forward to contributing to this development!

KR

Count me in – happy to help!

I’m interested, if you’re still looking for people

1 Like

Hi all - thanks for the interest and thanks for the help during the beta test. I’m happy to announce that we’re now out of beta and live on the app store. I’ll be sure to keep you posted if any future TestFlight opportunities come up!

1 Like