Block Facebook but allow login using Facebook

I want to block fb. Done
Keep fb messenger. Done

But allow the login portion for oauth in other websites.

Where I use Facebook to log into various website I have to take a break which wastes time. If the website isn’t on my block list I need to be able to log in.

Thanks for sharing this. The way you could do this is deselect the domains attached to facebook is your list. When selected, any URL that uses the domain or subdomain would be blocked (including Facebook auth).

Thanks for the response, unfortunately that isn’t a solution as it means I can still access Facebook, when all I need to do is white list 2 urls for oauth that overrid the black list, so I can use fb to login but not access fb, which is the point of this app.

The URLs are:

https://graph.facebook.com/oauth/authorize

And

https://www.facebook.com/dialog/oauth

I think those are the only two in question, but… blocking Facebook, blocks the second one and I don’t see any way to white list or override based on specific full URLs.

Unfortunately, Apple Screen Time doesn’t allow blocking of specific URLs, but simply top-level domains.

Can you look onto this issue please? I can’t be the only person that wants to block Facebook but allow their login system to function, too many other systems rely on them for authentication and right now, this is the only issue I’m really falling with the system.

Hey Gareth
I did look into this issue but unfortunately at this stage Apple doesn’t allow for this level of customization. I’m open to creative ideas from the community though!

Unfortunately, Apple Screen Time doesn’t allow blocking of specific URLs, but simply top-level domains.

The best solution (which is not ideal) at the moment if you need access to Log in with Facebook URLs, is to deselect the domains attached to facebook is your list.
I know this is not ideal because you would then be able to access facebook from your browser.

@lilpit any other ideas?

Could you create an allow login button? Like the take a break and edit buttons. One that for say 1 or 2 mins specifically lists all of the oauth urls, a list we could add to just in case, but is maintained by you with a quick bypass for a very short period of time, in theory 1 min should be more than enough?!? But it would mean adding another button to the UI. I just don’t more if its that important or would be used by enough people?

When the unlock timer is 30 seconds but all you need to do is login, Opal becomes an annoyance, when, honestly, it’s a god send at all other times, and when in deep focus, since there is no way to bypass, having a way to do something about not being able to login would be great.

1 Like

that’s an interesting idea! so a mini-break just to log in. Will discuss this with the team.