Can I purchase the Opal app and share with my family?

I’m looking into ways to help my family (me, husband, 4 kids ages 8-17) create healthier habits around technology use. I’d love to hear from others who have used it in a family in a collaborative way.

I’m also curious about pricing. We all have iOS devices. If I purchase Opal for myself, can I share it with my kids? Or does each person require a separate purchase? It will get prohibitively expensive if I have to purchase it 6 times! Is there any kind of family sharing or family discount?

I’m signing up for a free trial today to try it out for myself. Looking forward to responses here!

3 Likes

we have this now! You can switch to the Yearly - Family Plan subscription plan to share access to Opal with your family: How to switch to a different subscription plan - Apple Support

I have the same question as well. It would be nice to have opal pro subscriptions natively support family sharing: Supporting Family Sharing in your app | Apple Developer Documentation

@here we have this now! You can switch to the Yearly - Family Plan subscription plan to share access to Opal with your family: How to switch to a different subscription plan - Apple Support