Emergency Lock (Deep focus for a set time, the opposite of a break) while in a session

It would be great to have an emergency lock button while in a session that would switch from normal to deep focus just for that session or for a set amount of time (like the break). I edited my settings for my nighttime normal focus to be deep focus one night (big win), thinking it was just for that one session in progress, but about 28 hours later I was up super early and found out that deep focus was set to reoccur every night. I realize I could have cancelled the session and started a new one, but clicking edit, deep focus, and save was more natural.

5 Likes

Yes, I think it should always be possible to increase length, difficulty, or the block list.

Create an emergency unlock feature for deep focus. Consider adding a ‘lifetime’ unlock that allows you to bypass any block, but you only get X amount per week, month, or even a lifetime.

This would allow me to feel more comfortable with putting the hard lock feature on, knowing in actual emergencies that it can be turned off.

Hey @here,

This feature already exists! Canceling a “Deep Focus” session is discouraged but can be done in rare instances. Here’s how to regain access to blocked apps:

1. Open the Opal app and tap on “Profile.”
  2. Select the Settings :gear: icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down and select “FAQs.”
  4. Scroll down and select “Advanced Features.”
  5. Select “Change running Deep Focus session.”
  6. Tap “here” to cancel your running session.

Remember, canceling a “Deep Focus” session should be done sparingly and only in cases where it is necessary. Additionally, do note that this function is available only once per week, so we’d strongly encourage you to use it solely for emergencies!

I hope that helps,
Sarah @ Opal

Thank you! This piece of mind is great! Does it work for any app lock?

It should since it’s considered as session