[šŸšØFIRST STEP] Introduce Yourself and Meet the Community

Hey Gems, Rishabh this side! :wave:

• Pro: I work as a Business Development Intern and Website Manager for an education-based startup while also attending my College (final year) and Freelance content writing. Iā€™ve worked as a content writer for industry titans like Valnet Inc. and GAMURS Group, to mention a couple. You can anytime check [my Portfolio] for more information (https://imrishabh.bio.link).

• Work setup: :white_heart: Since Iā€™m still in college, I donā€™t have a formal employment arrangement. However, my computer helps me with all of my freelance work remotely.

• I use Opal to: block distractions (particularly from Twitter, Instagram, and X, occasionally from LinkedIn :joy:). I also have custom Opal schedules for the weekends and other regular days.

• My Schedules: :grimacing: Everything is a jumble. But day by day, I am making progress on the course, all thanks to Opal! :sparkling_heart:

• Dreams: Since dreaming is acceptable, my goal is to become Indiaā€™s prime minister :smile:.

• Opal: Opal was discovered by me via the iOS App Store a year ago. Unfortunately, though, the lack of features at that time made me stop using it. Then, I recently watched a video of Ali Abdal in which he referred to Opal. I therefore considered giving Opal another go to check if the feature list had any new additions. Additionally, I adored the appā€™s reliability, new features, and updated app style! Well done, developers. Iā€™m going to keep with it forever now! :sunglasses:

PS: My LinkedIn profile is located here: https://www.linkedin.com/rishabhchauhan25/ (If someone would like to connect) :bulb:

1 Like

Hello, Iā€™m Tomi. I recently joined opal and Iā€™m trying to see if it can help with my phone addiction lol

• Pro: Iā€™m a university student in undergrad

• I use Opal to: reduce screentime, especially during 9-5 when I should be focusing on schoolwork

• Dreams: I noticed that Iā€™ve become way dumber (I know that sounds harshšŸ˜­) than I used to be and my critical thinking skills, vocabulary and attention span have become diminished over the years. I realized it was time to better myself intellectually so I hope to get my brain working again Abe be able to foster better connections with myself and other better.

• Opal: I saw an IG ad that looked cool

1 Like

Hello! My name is Spencer!

I just got opal to hopefully help with my social media addiction!

I work in real estate in Montreal Canada! And Iā€™m on my phone all the time! I need to find time for myself and get off my phone!!!

Iā€™m so glad thereā€™s such a big team of people like me! I canā€™t wait to get to know some of you guys! :melting_face:

2 Likes

Hi! I am Hauke.
I am enthusiastic about self-manipulation and corporate manipulation, which led me to create the website brightpatterns.org and start research on the topic for my PhD.
I am curious about more nuanced methods to steer our attention, e.g. content based.

2 Likes

:wave:t2: Hi, Iā€™m Diana :grinning:

I am a master aesthetician student in Utah. I am a licensed as a basic esthetician in California. I am passionate about a couple of aspects in esthetics so far. Number one, I want to help others relax. Number two, I want to help others with their skin concerns and get them great results so they can move confidently in the world.

Besides skin care, I love tennis, hiking, skiing, longboarding, art, music, and spending time with my friends and family.

I love Opal. I am grateful to have help limiting apps and love the different sessions Iā€™ve set up throughout the day and night.

Iā€™m happier when I use my phone responsibly. I set and achieve more goals. And my eyes thank me for responsible device use.

Iā€™m looking forward to being a part of a new community who are committed to bettering their lives. I appreciate those who are aware of the challenges associated with technology, and who are doing something about it.

Hereā€™s to living our best lives.

Warmly,
Diana M Cole

I also love the idea of becoming an affiliate in the future. I also have a small following. I love Instagram, and these days am committed to using it regularly (while using it responsibly at the same time).

The link above didnā€™t work for me. That may be because I just joined this community.

Also, how can I find a link to invite others to join Opal beyond inviting those in my contacts? Iā€™d love to add it to my Linktree. This app has helped me tremendously, and I canā€™t wait to share it with others who need it.