[šŸšØFIRST STEP] Introduce Yourself and Meet the Community

Hey Gems, Rishabh this side! :wave:

• Pro: I work as a Business Development Intern and Website Manager for an education-based startup while also attending my College (final year) and Freelance content writing. Iā€™ve worked as a content writer for industry titans like Valnet Inc. and GAMURS Group, to mention a couple. You can anytime check [my Portfolio] for more information (https://imrishabh.bio.link).

• Work setup: :white_heart: Since Iā€™m still in college, I donā€™t have a formal employment arrangement. However, my computer helps me with all of my freelance work remotely.

• I use Opal to: block distractions (particularly from Twitter, Instagram, and X, occasionally from LinkedIn :joy:). I also have custom Opal schedules for the weekends and other regular days.

• My Schedules: :grimacing: Everything is a jumble. But day by day, I am making progress on the course, all thanks to Opal! :sparkling_heart:

• Dreams: Since dreaming is acceptable, my goal is to become Indiaā€™s prime minister :smile:.

• Opal: Opal was discovered by me via the iOS App Store a year ago. Unfortunately, though, the lack of features at that time made me stop using it. Then, I recently watched a video of Ali Abdal in which he referred to Opal. I therefore considered giving Opal another go to check if the feature list had any new additions. Additionally, I adored the appā€™s reliability, new features, and updated app style! Well done, developers. Iā€™m going to keep with it forever now! :sunglasses:

PS: My LinkedIn profile is located here: https://www.linkedin.com/rishabhchauhan25/ (If someone would like to connect) :bulb:

1 Like

Hello, Iā€™m Tomi. I recently joined opal and Iā€™m trying to see if it can help with my phone addiction lol

• Pro: Iā€™m a university student in undergrad

• I use Opal to: reduce screentime, especially during 9-5 when I should be focusing on schoolwork

• Dreams: I noticed that Iā€™ve become way dumber (I know that sounds harshšŸ˜­) than I used to be and my critical thinking skills, vocabulary and attention span have become diminished over the years. I realized it was time to better myself intellectually so I hope to get my brain working again Abe be able to foster better connections with myself and other better.

• Opal: I saw an IG ad that looked cool

2 Likes

Hello! My name is Spencer!

I just got opal to hopefully help with my social media addiction!

I work in real estate in Montreal Canada! And Iā€™m on my phone all the time! I need to find time for myself and get off my phone!!!

Iā€™m so glad thereā€™s such a big team of people like me! I canā€™t wait to get to know some of you guys! :melting_face:

2 Likes

Hi! I am Hauke.
I am enthusiastic about self-manipulation and corporate manipulation, which led me to create the website brightpatterns.org and start research on the topic for my PhD.
I am curious about more nuanced methods to steer our attention, e.g. content based.

2 Likes

:wave:t2: Hi, Iā€™m Diana :grinning:

I am a master aesthetician student in Utah. I am a licensed as a basic esthetician in California. I am passionate about a couple of aspects in esthetics so far. Number one, I want to help others relax. Number two, I want to help others with their skin concerns and get them great results so they can move confidently in the world.

Besides skin care, I love tennis, hiking, skiing, longboarding, art, music, and spending time with my friends and family.

I love Opal. I am grateful to have help limiting apps and love the different sessions Iā€™ve set up throughout the day and night.

Iā€™m happier when I use my phone responsibly. I set and achieve more goals. And my eyes thank me for responsible device use.

Iā€™m looking forward to being a part of a new community who are committed to bettering their lives. I appreciate those who are aware of the challenges associated with technology, and who are doing something about it.

Hereā€™s to living our best lives.

Warmly,
Diana M Cole

I also love the idea of becoming an affiliate in the future. I also have a small following. I love Instagram, and these days am committed to using it regularly (while using it responsibly at the same time).

The link above didnā€™t work for me. That may be because I just joined this community.

Also, how can I find a link to invite others to join Opal beyond inviting those in my contacts? Iā€™d love to add it to my Linktree. This app has helped me tremendously, and I canā€™t wait to share it with others who need it.

ā€¢ Pro Iā€™m a relationship coach, workshop facilitator, and recently returned to school for a degree in Marriage and Family Therapy.

ā€¢ Set up when Iā€™m in school itā€™s easier to sit in front of my large screen in my home office. Using a co-work space is better for me but not available to me currently.

ā€¢ Iā€™d like to use opal to track my wins and accomplishments when I use my time more wisely. It isnā€™t just about how much time is shifted away from tech distractions. The human condition is so much more than ā€œtime savedā€

ā€¢ Dreams support people to live their best life. To understand who they are and live fully. Part of this is to understand a healthy way to use tech because itā€™s not all that bad (my personal goal for myself) but also to help people to embrace community in real life more.

ā€¢ one feature Iā€™d like to see on opal is goal setting and celebration of goals. Goals would be more in terms of ā€œthings I would do if I refocused my timeā€ ex. Instead of scrolling on socials or playing games, I would hike with friends and family 2-3 days a week. Then celebrate with ā€œI found some amazing hikes, connected with new and old friends and lost 5 pounds instead of focusing on my phoneā€
These are the things that opal can do for people and these types of stories are going to get more people using opal.

Greetings :hugs:
Iā€™m Life Coach Malachi on all platforms (https://lifecoachmalachi.com/) Iā€™m a Transpersonal Transformational Coach and I merge Spirituality and Science. Iā€™m an Online Influencer and Content Creator

Pro: My background is marketing+creative, business consulting, and spiritual coaching executives, public figures and celebrities.

Work setup: US, Tulsa, Oklahoma,

I use Opal to: Manage my ADHD and condition my behaviors.

My schedules: I need a better one. Iā€™m a Dad. I work when I can and often.

Dreams: Building and Enterprise of Expanded Consciousness organization that helps people own their lives with the results they desire deep within.

Opal: I discovered Opal because of my daughter and I look for products to share with my community.

1 Like

Hi, Just to be direct. This is the best app for managing screen time . Itā€™s unbelievable how effective it has been in my life. Iā€™m a stude In college studying business administration. This apps keeps me grounded. I appreciate all of you in this wonderful company.

1 Like

Hello everyone!

My name is Daniel and Iā€™m totally addicted to Social Media and, mostly, desperately seeking for anything and everything on my cellphone, and Iā€™m exhausted.

I lost my focus, Iā€™m anxious (a lot!) and feeling a lit bit depressed.

I joined Opal trying to change my bad habits and I hope I can achieve it.

Counting on this Community to help me improve whatā€™s good and leave what makeā€™s me bad.

Iā€™m open to have some insights of you!

Best regards!

1 Like

I just found Opal, this app will help me

• My Schedules* :with being able to focus more

Hi Opal,

Iā€™m a software engineer in NYC. I am 26.

I got my first smartphone phone at 16. In India, where I grew up, internet wasnā€™t all that great so the phone still was mainly used for messaging and music. Slowly as internet and data had wider availability I started watching videos on my phone and using it for Facebook.

By the time I went to college in New York I was a full fledged user. I downloaded instagram. I watched YouTube. All on my phone. In college I developed anxiety and depression. This carried on for a while and I found myself getting duller and less patient with doing the things I loved. I always associated this with just being depressed. My screen time skyrocketed. I was spending 7-9 hours a day on Reddit Instagram or just playing games. Even this wasnā€™t enough. I had to put YouTube on in the background on my laptop while I scrolled Instagram. I couldnā€™t get through TV shows without having Reddit open on my phone. My attention span PLUMMETED.

All the while, my anxiety grew worse. I felt unaccomplished. Seeing people on social media living their best lives made me feel even more so. Fast forward to 1 month ago. I saw an Ad for opal on insta and decided to give it a shot. I started with just small blocks during work time for focus and found it so annoying being blocked at first. In a couple of weeks I loved the productivity gains I was getting. I decided to put blocks on even after work in the evening for workout time. I couldnā€™t believe how good I was feeling. I began reading again. I began enjoying video games, cooking, and movies in a way I didnā€™t think I ever could again. I could hear my stream of consciousness. I have never felt more in tune with myself.

I am convinced some humans are not wired to use phones at all and I believe i am one of them. I still get the itching desire to use Reddit the minute I am bored but then a call washes over me telling me itā€™s fine to just live. I will look out my window and think about things. I will think about people I love and memories I cherish.

I know this is too soon to say but I feel though my life has been changed. I have never been more optimistic about my life and living it. Thanks for a brilliant product.

2 Likes

Hello!

I am a researcher at the University of Calgary with a PhD in machine learning for brain imaging and now working on developing deep learning models to predict the lesion tissue of stroke patients.

Really excited to join the Opal community and would very much love to help with beta testing. I have been using Opal for some days now and can already see the benefits. Hoping to help make Opal a better tool.

1 Like