Limit use for different time periods

I would like to use opal differently between time periods, I am sort of addicted to instagram and I only want to use it for seeing pictures of my friends in stead of seeing reels all day so I set a limit for 30 minutes but the moment I have used those up I can no longer see the pictures for the rest of the day, I would like to set a limit that is differently between different periods, so that I cannot use even use it because of a limit between like 12 AM and 9 Am and then have 15 minutes between 9 AM and 12 PM and then another 15 minutes between 12 AM and 9 PM and then 15 minutes between 9 PM and 12 AM. When I do not use the full 15 minutes within a time period, no harm no foul and the timer resets to nothing used for the next time period.

This can also be helpful for when I have a limit for something for about 30 minutes with a 2 hour cooldown, right now when I only use 28 of those minutes in the morning before going to work than the moment I come home and use the app again I only have 2 minutes left and then I have to wait two hours, I would like a feature that allows me to reset the used timer back to 0 minutes if I have not used the app for the entire cooldown period. Because in my mind I have waited the cooldown period but I am not rewarded for it

Hey there,

Thanks for the suggestion. You can set up customized app locks and app limits somewhat like what youโ€™re suggesting using the instructions here:

I hope that helps,
Team Opal

Yes I know the app limits and app locks but they do not work exactly like I suggested, in this way if I use something like Netflix in the morning for 28 minutes and it only gets locked at 30 minutes I feel like there is an incentive for me to use up the entire 30 minutes to get the cooldown started, (and an incentive to use an app is not why I downloaded opal). Same way I would like to use instagram twice a day in two different time periods and if I use the app locks or limits the timer for time used on instagram does not reset to zero for that second time period, so either I can use the full 15 minutes and then put in that I have to wait 8 hours for the next use, or I can not use the app again for the rest of the day. And if I donโ€™t use the full 15 minutes and only 10 minutes, I only get 5 minutes at the end of the day because it had not reset and the cooldown was not triggered

I really hope that this can be added because it would help me tremendously

1 Like