Opal Blocking - Google Chrome

Hi

I have a question, does Opal support blocking of websites on Chrome?

![image|230x500]

Thank you for reporting this. The answer is yes it should, but we just identified an issue and it will be fixed in the next release on Monday.

1 Like

@kenneth I have not been able to block Chrome iOS websites for over two weeks. I have sent numerous bug reports and the team just answers “Have you tried to reload blocks?” or “We no longer support Chrome extension,” neither of which is helpful. Further, I can’t add Chrome websites I haven’t visited (i.e. TikTok, which I’ve never actually visited) to the blocklist. Can you fix these issues ASAP? The only reason I pay for Opal is because of its ability to block Chrome websites!

I wanted to personally apologise for the issue your encountered.

We have identified an issue that was introduced in V3.45 (released on Dec 5 2023) where Opal has stopped blocking Websites on Chrome and other third party browsers (Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Brave, etc).

We just fixed this issue and it will be included in the next release of Opal on Monday. If you update your app on Monday it will be fixed.

I am sorry about this experience and it is not the experience we want gems to have. It took us more than than is acceptable to identify the issue since it is critical - and we will strive to identify and fix issues faster in the future. Thank you for your report, which helped us identify and fix the issue.

Kenneth

1 Like

@kenneth just updated the app and reloaded blocks. Twitter.com on Chrome is still accessible, despite being blocked. Please advise

Can you confirm that you are on version 3.49 of Opal or latest? Is there an Update option here?

1 Like

@kenneth confirming I updated Monday but to 3.48 :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: Confirmed 3.49 fixes the Google Chrome blocking issue :pray: :pray: :pray: