🔥 [Planned] A desktop app for Opal 🖥️ (Mac, PC)

If I could add a suggestion for the Mac app.

I imagine there’s already a lot in the pipeline and well done to the team for getting it out.

Something that would be really great is for the app to remain open but not show in the Dock. Once the app is quit it doesn’t keep running so if you have a moment of weakness you can just quit the app. (loom keep the app running in the background and have a little icon in the top bar).

Personally I don’t like to see the app in the dock as it’s a reminder that it’s there and on and I can just turn it off. The beauty is in hiding it I think.

Cheers!

The biggest feature missing for the mac app for me is preventing the app from being terminated, either accidentally or to subvert the block. I’ve accidentally closed it out assuming it would stay running in the background blocking stuff.

1 Like

Unfortunately, the feature is not working as expected. Despite Slack’s URL is added for the blocking list on the Mac app, it is still being displayed as well as other websites such as youtube. The feature is not consistently working at the moment.

Thank you for the desktop app!

THIS!
What is the point of “deep focus” blocking mode if i can just use cmd+q to exit the app.
I’ve done this accidentally even & it will stop all active blocks.

There should be absolutely no way to exit the app at least on “deep focus” mode

I want something for Mac pc and iOS. Have 2 out of 3 doesn’t work for me. Any good examples of this out there now? I see nothing in the comments about upcoming PC support. Would happily pay for this with PC support