🔥 [Planned] A desktop app for Opal 🖥️ (Mac, PC)

We’re looking at multiple potential options. Screen time API is not available on Mac yet to block apps. However, Mac screen time data is accessible.

1 Like

App Groups and Sessions.

Any idea when API is coming to Mac? Do you still have the VPN to use instead? I, and I believe most, have no problem with the VPN and would give all my data to the damn Chinese State if it meant I could have Opal on my computer. Think people much prioritize convenience over security.

1 Like

I want this!

I want it so when I take a break on my iPhone, it’s also on the Mac. When the break is over, it’s all over, buddy boy…time to get back to work.

Apple screen controls do this for Safari…I want it like that but not limited to just Safari.

Hell if you can include apps that are on the Mac and iPhone to block both that’s even better (but the list can be separate if need be…no biggie).

Gimme gimme!

3 Likes

Any update on this progress? Super excited can’t wait (keep finding my undisciplined headass getting around phone restricitons on my computer).

My bedtime doesn’t stand a chance til I get this :woozy_face:

2 Likes

The entire blocking session for example. If I start a session to block all social media apps on any device, I would like to see the apps blocked on other devices as well.
As a bonus, the opal app on each device synchronize with each other so if I take a break on one device, it is reflected on the other devices as well

We’d love some help here - any Mac developers out here?

1 Like

@kenneth can you guys add scheduled Deep Focus sessions to Chrome? I find myself “taking Breaks” all day yet can’t schedule a Deep Focus session

Opal does look really nice, but until it gets better Mac support, it’s useless for me. Gonna stay with Freedom.

1 Like

Take the IOS app and port it to windows/mac. Make sure all the graphics transfer over so that it is just as satisfying to use. The chrome extension is absolutely terrible compared to the IOS app. Thanks guys!!

1 Like

working on it - the initial version will be simpler than the iOS one but we will improve it over time.

1 Like

Again Thanks Kenneth, great application so far and I look forward to the future of this company!

1 Like

Really looking forward to this!!

Block apps on desktop

Hey, would love a feature to block apps on the desktop version. A Chrome is extension is nice and all, but other desktop apps have much larger feature sets when it comes to blocking applications and websites. For example the “Freedom” app or “Cold Turkey”. For example a white list feature that works across all browsers would be awesome, in addition to full app blocking. Probably a big request. But would he awesome.

Hey there,

We’re definitely interested in implementing this feature! We have upgrades scheduled for 2024 and 2025; stay tuned. You can follow along here:

1 Like

Hey, I’m dying to have this amazing lock system which is time-based on my computer! Pleaseeeeee! The chrome extension just does not have the same capability of locking you out so you can easily just uninstall the extension.

1 Like

Hey Ibrahim,

We’re absolutely interested in this feature and have upgrades scheduled for 2024 and 2025. Stay tuned for updates! You can follow along on this thread that I’ve merged your request into!

All the best,
Sarah @ Opal

@Sarah_K
Looking forward to the updates! :blush:

Thanks for the feedback and comments!

Spencer B.