Screen time analysis malfunctioning

Due to payment issues on my end, I had to delete and reinstall Opal. I logged in using the same Apple ID I’ve used the whole time I’ve had the app. Unfortunately, though it retained my username and profile photo, all my data from February 2nd onward, as well as my saved focus sessions, was deleted. It also deleted all the gems I’d unlocked. It now says I’ve only been a user since March 13th.

Additionally, the app spent an hour creating a focus report from my screen time data, but didn’t actually do anything—after the countdown ended, nothing was changed. I cannot go back in the calendar and see my focus score for any days in the past, so I’m not sure what the hour was spent collating.

Is there any way to recover my Opal account data? If not, is there any way to have the app at least analyze my screen time data properly?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi there, I’m sorry to read about your experience. I know this can be frustrating. I myself have had to delete the app for testing purposes and lost my data before.

The good news is we are working on better data persistence for MileStones and screen time historical data. We won’t be able to recover everything (for privacy reasons, a lot of the data is only stored on your phone and when you delete the app, it gets deleted too), but we can certainly do a lot better.

Thank you for sharing your story in detail, it’s really helpful to hear your detailed experience for our team so we can prioritize. This will be fixed in the next 2 months.

1 Like