[Unassigned] Instead of hitting Pause, I turn the VPN OFF

Feature Requested By: Kenneth
Number of Votes: 6
View Original Post: Instead of hitting Pause, I turn the VPN OFF · Opal Feedback

To use social media I turn it off myself cause it is easier and because most of the time I want to check multiple social media apps, and thus the set an intention pop-up creates friction when wanting to use multiple apps (although I get that it is intended to be that way).

Comment By: Kenneth

Also I sometimes forget to turn Opal back on after I’ve manually stopped it, so a reminder or automatically enabling it again would be great. The pause feature is great, but sometimes I need a bit more time than the standard 10 minutes.

Comment By: Kenneth

I’ve been enjoying Opal, lately I’ve turned it off temporarily because to be honest it still doesn’t work perfectly enough for me to use it full time and I also don’t think I’m so addicted that I need it to be completely honest. It’s a brilliantly designed product, it really is, but for me I am basically going to use it only when I go on holiday and plan to do a digital detox, like a very intentional one. I find it a bit inconvenient in daily life to have it blocking stuff constantly, not really sure why. Anyway, I’m still playing around with how to integrate it into my life so I still have it on my home screen!

Comment By: Amrith Shanbhag

“A flaw in Opal is that if I really wanted to see something I’ll turn off the VPN and use it”

Feature Requested By: Anonymous
Number of Votes: 1
View Original Post: Turning off VPN · Opal Feedback

When I want to get around focus mode, I just turn off the VPN in settings. Is there a way to restrict this? To make it impossible during focus mode?

Feature Requested By: Anonymous
Number of Votes: 1
View Original Post: Strengthen deep focus · Opal Feedback

Hi. I found that it’s completely possible to disable deep focus by going to the settings and disconnecting the vpn. You should make deep focus more airtight.