[Unassigned] Make it so I can't delete it

Feature Requested By: Anonymous
Number of Votes: 1
View Original Post: Make it so I can't delete it · Opal Feedback

I don’t know if this is possible…but when it comes down to it, I can just delete the app. The app currently helps with impulsivity, and some compulsivity by proxy, but it would be helpful if it were possible to not have the option of deleting the app, (maybe just for 24 or 48 hours or something). I don’t know if this is a possibility, but as an ADHD coach, I know that this is what would need to happen for it to be successful for my clients who struggle with screen time.

1 Like

I agree! The ability to delete the app makes it too easy to get around unfortunately.

I know there is a way to in iphone settings prevent deleting apps, but that too is easily bypassed, by simply going into settings and turning it off again

What would be ideal in my opinion is a feature that prevents the app from being deleted while in a blocking session time! (And then outside of when being blocked, if the user so desires being able to freely delete the app. That way we aren’t gridlocked out from deleting it if we actually want to, but so we’re not tempted to delete and bypass the app if wanting to get around the blocking during sessions)