Updating block list - search crashing

Hi all
I am simply trying to add a new app to my whitelist; when I go into my app list and search for it I get the dreaded “this Apple screen has crashed”. :sob: it’s getting really frustrating - it shouldn’t be this hard to simply ammend a block list. I know it’s not fully in Opals control but I am finding it hard to justify the cost of the premium subscription. If there is anything I can do, please let me know! (App is fully updated)

2 Likes

Same. I’d block all if I could whitelist Audible, Pocket Casts, email, texts, and WhatsApp. I listen to audiobooks and podcasts when I run and some when I work and need the other apps for work. But setting the app up this way is impossible because search crashes screen and also trying to open the Entertainment category crashes screen.

I’ve cancelled my subscription until it’s working again.

This seems to happen when too many apps/websites are listed in a category at once.

Temporary workaround for this: Type the app or website you’re trying to block in a separate app, copy it, then paste it into the search bar. This means that it won’t try to load a long list, thus avoiding the crash.

It’s a pain, but this lets me actually configure Opal.

1 Like