[COMPLETED] Categorize Apps as Productive or Distracting [Focus Score]

Please add files on iphone. I use it to store pdf lecture and study on it. Also a customize web address would be useful.

2 Likes

Love the app!!

Desperately need the bible app added as very productive, please :pray:

Can you add Files from apple, and Moodle. As a student I use both to study and itā€™s affecting my Focus score. Thank you!:heart:

Hi! I have a bunch more apps to add!

LivingWriter (novel & scriptwriting app) - very productive
Plottr (a novel & script plotting app) - very productive
myNoise (soundscapes) - somewhat productive
Readwise (stores highlights from Kindle and other reading sources to reference later) - productive
Habitica (gamified habit & to-do app) - very productive
FamilyWall (family organizational app) - very productive
Milanote (notes app) - very productive
MindMeister (brain mapping app) - very productive
ReMarkable (the mobile app for the ReMarkable & the ReMarkable 2 e-ink tablet) - very productive
Airtable (database & project management app) - very productive

Thanks!

Please add

Fastmail (email acount & app) - very productiv
Down Dog Yoga ā€“ slightly productive or neutral

Can you please add ā€œZen Flip Clockā€ - very productive (itā€™s a pomodoro timer) and ā€œCast Lifeā€ - neutral , itā€™s an app I use for my work. Thanks!

Should add ā€œContinuity Cameraā€ as productive. Itā€™s just Appleā€™s built-in feature that allows your iPhone to serve as a webcam for your computer. In most cases I can imagine (certainly my own cases), itā€™s used for zoom calls, etc for work. Itā€™s tanking my score right now because it comes in as unproductive for some reason (not even neutral??).

Could you add iRealPro and GuitarTuna?

ESPN Fantasy & Yahoo Fantasy should both be very distracting

GCN (workout app) should be slightly productive

Could you add XMind? It is a mindmap app. It is currently rated ā€˜distractingā€™, while I think it should be ā€˜productiveā€™ or ā€˜very productiveā€™.

i would love for the app Counter to be added as a neutral option. i use it to count my stitches and rows when crocheting so itā€™s typically left open on my phone often

I use these apps often and they are really affecting my score.

Strong (This may have been added but the logo is wrong so Iā€™m not sure.)
Fluent
MLO (My life organized)
RemodelerPro
Bamboo

Goodnotes too please

Could you please add these?
-NYT games - slightly focused
-Substack - slightly focused

There is ā€œGoodnoteā€ but there is not ā€œGoodnotesā€

Thank you for all your feedback @here! We have an exciting update. Starting today when you update your Opal app, youā€™ll see a new Opal home that allows you to instantly see all apps installed on your phone and customise them in one tap. Hereā€™s more about it:

Animated GIF

You can tap on any app and edit wether you think this app is Productive or Distracting. Hit Save, and your score and chart will update.

Productive: Apps that help your Focus

Distracting: Apps that hurt your Focus.

Neutral: Apps that neither hurt not help your focus. They are not counted towards your screen time. You can use this for example for apps you use in the background like Google Maps or audio like Spotify.

Itā€™s up to you to decide!

PS if you donā€™t see the new Opal home, donā€™t forgot to update your Opal app!

Please add ā€œwaking upā€ app by Sam Harris

Goodnots is not on the list pleas could you add it as soon as possible

Thanks Kenneth and the team, this update is great!

However it doesnā€™t let us edit the level of focus from the Home screen, if the app is excluded from the focus score list in Settings/Google Sheets. It would be great to have a button where we can manually add apps ourselves, instead of waiting for the Opal team to add them. There are 1.6 million apps on the App Store.

Clash of Clans = Distracting
Artifact (by Nokto) = Slightly Distracting
8ball Pool (by Miniclip) = Distracting
Builderment = Distracting
Pixel Car Racer = Distracting
Production Chain Tycoon (by Robert Grzybek) = Distracting
Shortform = Very Productive
Headway = Very Productive
Wiser = Very Productive
Blinkist = Very Productive