[COMPLETED, v3.8] Whitelist apps

Instead of selecting Apps to Block, can we Block all apps/websites and whitelist a handful of apps that I use specifically for productive work during study sessions.

Feature Requested By: Leah Sullivan
Number of Votes: 53
View Original Post: Whitelist apps Β· Opal Feedback

I would like to be able to turn on block all apps but whitelist a handful of apps that I use specifically for productive work during study sessions.

2 Likes

Comment By: Amrith Shanbhag

I’d like to use the β€˜All Internet’ feature but whitelist a few crucial apps, like mobile banking and google maps.

1 Like

Comment By: π™†π™šπ™£π™£π™šπ™©π™ π™Žπ™˜π™π™‘π™šπ™£π™ π™šπ™§

I basically want to give myself a short 20 minute from 4:45 to 5:05 PM window where IG is enabled and the rest of the time it’s blocked how can I do this?

Comment By: Curly Annie

Please! This would be ideal!!

Feature Requested By: Stuart Wilson
Number of Votes: 11
View Original Post: Add "except" capabilities to app or internet blocking Β· Opal Feedback

I like to turn off the internet at night, but would love to exclude my meditation and journaling apps.

Feature Requested By: Amrith Shanbhag
Number of Votes: 13
View Original Post: Be able to allow certain apps when 'All Internet' option is toggled on. Β· Opal Feedback

β€œIt would be great to have a whitelist within the block all internet action.” - Rich

Comment By: Curly Annie

This would Be perfect

@joshhawaii wrote
49 App Limit
When I started my free trial it mentioned blocking over 100 apps. I thought that meant I would be able to block more than 49. Is it possible to block more than 49 apps? I have 208 applications according to my phone and would love to be able to block all but a few (Messages, Phone, etc.) for blocking sessions, essentially turning my phone into a dumb phone for the focus session. Did my premium upgrade go wrong or is this a built-in limitation (possibly of the iOS Focus API)?

1 Like

We are working on a solution for this that will be available in the next app version.

1 Like

Please let us block more than 49 apps!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing! This will be fixed with Whitelisting which should go live in the next 2 weeks.

Whitelist is now available, you can select the whitelist mode on the screen where you choose apps to block. Every app and websites except the one you select will be blocked.

1 Like

Update: here is a How to Article that walks through how to use our new Whitelist features

https://www.opal.so/help/what-is-whitelist

Whitelist allows you Enable apps you really need for the moment in the real world. Some people will go as far as switching to a brick or dumb phone, or using it as a secondary device, and there are also great companies like Light Phone who build specific devices for this. With Opal Whitelist, you can turn your iPhone into a brick phone (or dumb phone) temporarily at times you choose.

Here are a few popular use cases for whitelist:

• Going Outdoors, whitelist:

Camera

Phone

Text/Whatsapp (optional)

Maps/Navigation

Uber/transport

• Work Focus, whitelist:

‍Phone

Text/Whatsapp (optional)

Mail

Slack (optional)

• Weekend With Family, whitelist:

‍Camera

Phone

Music

Text/Whatsapp (optional)

Maps/Navigation

Uber/transport

Mail (if you need tickets or QR codes for activities)