Update Screen Time Display - Focus Score, Distracted/Neutral/Productive Time

Please add the app MAWAQIt and Ų¢ŁŠŲ©. Both very productive

how do you get to the score tab?

UPDATE @here : You can exclude any app or website from screen time calculation by setting them to NEUTRAL right from the Opal home.

Animated GIF

You can tap on any app and edit wether you think this app is Productive, Neutral or Distracting. Hit Save, and your score and chart will update.

Productive: Apps that help your Focus

Distracting: Apps that hurt your Focus.

Neutral: Apps that neither hurt not help your focus. They are not counted towards your screen time. You can use this for example for apps you use in the background like Google Maps or audio like Spotify.

Itā€™s up to you to decide!

PS if you donā€™t see the new Opal home, donā€™t forgot to update your Opal app!

can you add sleeper fantasy on there

Hey! you should find sleeper fantasy and any other apps/websites you use on the home Exclude neutral apps from Screen Time on Profile Tab - #14

Hi! Love the app and just bought it, but Iā€™m having issues with the app when I set it to neutral. I think itā€™s tracking he ā€œNannitā€ app (baby monitor) even though Iā€™ve set it to neutral to not count and is wildly throwing off the screen time. It doesnā€™t show it when I go to the ā€œhomeā€ and look it by day, but it factors it in the week, month, lifetime. Help?

Hi! Love the app and just bought it, but Iā€™m having issues with the app when I set it to neutral. I think itā€™s tracking the ā€œNannitā€ app (baby monitor) even though Iā€™ve set it to neutral to not count and is wildly throwing off the screen time. It doesnā€™t show it when I go to the ā€œhomeā€ and look it by day, but it factors it in the week, month, lifetime. Help?

1 Like

I have the same issue with my podcast and maps apps. Makes my screen time look huuuge when I look on the week view.

They supposedly addressed it but the app update didnā€™t work for me. I followed up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi!

So far loving Opal. However, I noticed that although Google Maps is categorised as neutral, it is still counting towards my screen time. Important to note that using it doesnā€™t seem to count towards my focus score, though.

Could this be a glitch?

1 Like

Is it possible to add apps to the list? Some apps I use arenā€™t in the list.

I am someone who has an older car that is not fitted with CarPlay and I use my phoneā€™s maps to navigate but it affects my screen time. I have Apple Maps rated as very productive which is good for my score but still counts as screen time. If there was a way to select navigation apps as not counting towards screen time Iā€™d be so happy

1 Like

Hey there,

Happy to help! To clarify, if youā€™d like to remove those apps from your screen time on your ā€œHomeā€ tab, you can do so by setting those apps as neutral. However, itā€™s critical to note that if you set apps as Neutral, they will continue to count in the screen time displayed in your ā€œProfileā€ tab:

https://www.opal.so/help/how-when-and-where-does-opal-report-your-screen-time

I hope that helps clarify. Otherwise, Iā€™ve passed your suggestion to remove productive apps from your screen time entirely to our engineers to consider as we continue to upgrade the app. Stay tuned!

All the best,
Team Opal

1 Like

Neutral feature is good, but for some reason it is just for the daily breakdown and not the profile graph. Neutral apps shouldnā€™t be included in the profile graph because it is neutral for the same logic that the feature exists in the first place. Itā€™s annoying seeing my average screen time being like 6 hours when I know half of that is my phone idle on spotify, google maps, or netflix/prime video when Iā€™m casting to my TV.

Hi @here

How To Edit Your App Ratings

If you would like to edit your App Ratings, follow these steps:

• Open the Opal App
  • Tap on the ā€œHomeā€ tab
  • Tap on each app name
  • A prompt asking ā€œHow distracting is this app?ā€ will appear
  • Select the level of focus level (ā€œVery Distractingā€/ ā€œDistractingā€/ ā€œSlightly Distractingā€/ ā€œNeutralā€/ ā€œSlightly Productiveā€/ ā€œProductiveā€/ ā€œVery Productiveā€)
  • Tap ā€œSaveā€

How To Exclude Apps From Screen Time Calculation On Your ā€œHomeā€ Tab

If you set apps as ā€œNeutralā€, they will not count towards your screen time calculation displayed on your ā€œHomeā€ tab, although it will continue to be reflected in your overall Screen Time that is shared with Friends, on the Leaderboard, and in your Focus Report. For apps like navigation, music, meditation, audiobook, or any other apps you consider as passive consumption, this can be very helpful.

Hi, I would like to be able to turn off screen time for the Google Maps because when Iā€™m traveling by a car and not actively using Phone, it is still added up to my final score.

Add an option to exclude certain apps from screen time stats. Some apps, like workout trackers, stay open for counting time or reps, but the user isnā€™t actively looking at the screen. This feature would improve the accuracy of screen time data.

Havenā€™t seen many responses from the team lately any updates to feature requests about changing the way the focus score is analyzed? Really would love to see the breakdown of apps rated as productive vs non productive instead of screen time.

Hey there @Stella,

Happy to help! Weā€™re currently working on updating our screen time display, and Iā€™ve merged your request into the existing thread on the subject. I canā€™t promise itā€™ll be set up exactly as youā€™re requesting, but changes are coming. Stay tuned!

All the best,
Team Opal

1 Like

Hi @Sarah_K , do you know when this update will happen?